Recipe by MsTeechur
I love chili, and I love making variations on chili based on what comes in my CSA box, and what I'm in the mood for!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1⁄4 cup quinoa
- 1⁄2 medium bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can bell peppers
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 2 chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoons masa harina flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a mandolin, slice the zucchini, kohlrabi, peppers, carrots, and onion into the crockpot.
- Slice sausage (I used the chicken feta sausage at 120 calories per sausage. If you have them frozen and slightly thaw, you can get very thin slices with the mandolin.).
- Add everything to the crock pot.
- Sprinkle in chili powder.
- Cook on med for 4 hours, stirring every now and again.
- Add masa as needed if you want a thicker chili.
- Variations: add some taco seasoning rather than chili powder, along with 1 cup corn, for a Mexican chili. Add a can of chicken broth to make a soup. This makes multiple meals for us. We do it as chili, add broth for soup (with more spices), drain beans and make burritos. Just an easy way to make a lot of food to feed two or three people for a week.