Recipe by kieryc
Easy and good!! May also be baked in the oven as instructed below.
Top Review by LMarenM
This was so great and easy! I used a whole sweet onion but I think it was too much and should have stuck with the original recipe. Otherwise, I added a little s&p and it was great! My mom liked it so much that she is making it for guests tonight to go with my dads pork ribs. Will definitly make again!
- 1 (32 ounce) packagesouthern style hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- French-fried onions or potato chips or corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease crockpot or 13x9 pan.
- For crockpot, mix all ingredients, except sour cream and cheese, and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Mix in sour cream and cheese during the last hour of cooking and then add topping.
- For oven, mix all ingredients and pour into pan. Add topping and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.