Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Easy and good!! May also be baked in the oven as instructed below.
- 1 (32 ounce) packagesouthern style hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- French-fried onions or potato chips or corn flakes
- Lightly grease crockpot or 13x9 pan.
- For crockpot, mix all ingredients, except sour cream and cheese, and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Mix in sour cream and cheese during the last hour of cooking and then add topping.
- For oven, mix all ingredients and pour into pan. Add topping and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
This was so great and easy! I used a whole sweet onion but I think it was too much and should have stuck with the original recipe. Otherwise, I added a little s&p and it was great! My mom liked it so much that she is making it for guests tonight to go with my dads pork ribs. Will definitly make again!
Kid friendly, and very yummy. Easy to make. We added some diced up chicken breast, cilantro, and 2 cups of salsa. Gave it a nice southwestern kick to it.
These turned out great!