Recipe by bmxmama
The easiest way that I have ever made carnitas for my family. The best part is putting it under the broiler for a little bit to get some crunchy texture with a sprinkle of lime on it.
- 4 lbs pork butt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 limes, juiced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine cumin, lemon pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well until combined. Set aside.
- Take the pork out of the net (if it is in one) and unroll on a flat surface. Liberally sprinkle the inside of the unrolled roast with the seasoning mix. Roll back up.
- Liberally sprinkle the outside of the roast with the seasoning and place into a large crock pot set on medium for eight hours.
- Add two cups of chicken stock into crock pot and place lid on crock pot to cook.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (but only when the pork is done do you need to preheat the oven) When the pork is done and shreds easily (it may be less than 8 hours) shred and remove any fat and place pork into a large baking pan.
- Sprinkle the lime juice over the pork. Place baking pan in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until pork is crispy to your liking.