8 hrs 30 mins
The easiest way that I have ever made carnitas for my family. The best part is putting it under the broiler for a little bit to get some crunchy texture with a sprinkle of lime on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl combine cumin, lemon pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well until combined. Set aside.
- 2Take the pork out of the net (if it is in one) and unroll on a flat surface. Liberally sprinkle the inside of the unrolled roast with the seasoning mix. Roll back up.
- 3Liberally sprinkle the outside of the roast with the seasoning and place into a large crock pot set on medium for eight hours.
- 4Add two cups of chicken stock into crock pot and place lid on crock pot to cook.
- 5Preheat oven to 400 degrees (but only when the pork is done do you need to preheat the oven) When the pork is done and shreds easily (it may be less than 8 hours) shred and remove any fat and place pork into a large baking pan.
- 6Sprinkle the lime juice over the pork. Place baking pan in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until pork is crispy to your liking.
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Carnitas
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.2
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 151.4 mg
- Sodium 517.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 44.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning