There are similar recipes posted, but I really like this version from a blog called My Kitchen Apron. Served with carrot and celery sticks for an easy meal the whole family enjoyed. You'll need a 12-oz. bottle of Frank's RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce. I had difficulty inputting this ingredient so had to call it "hot sauce." Used my big oval crockpot and there was plenty of room to spare. I did not add the butter. This is spicy but even my 8 year-old enjoyed it. He just drank a lot of milk. Leftovers freeze well.
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, individually frozen
- 12 ounces bottle hot sauce, Frank's RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing or 1 (1 ounce) package dip mix
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 8 submarine rolls
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese (optional) or 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese (optional) or 8 slices other cheese (optional)
- Dump frozen chicken breasts in crockpot. Pour bottle of Frank's RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce over all, then sprinkle with ranch dressing mix. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours. Shred chicken with two forks and return to liquid for an additional hour on low.
- Toast submarine rolls with cheese, if desired. Top with chicken mixture.
- Random tip: I saw a suggestion for easily shredding chicken using your Kitchen Aid mixer and the metal paddle attachment and will try that next time. One commenter said she used ranch dressing rather than the dry mix. I'll try this next time with about 1/2 cup.