1/1 Photo of Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
7 hrs 5 mins
There are similar recipes posted, but I really like this version from a blog called My Kitchen Apron. Served with carrot and celery sticks for an easy meal the whole family enjoyed. You'll need a 12-oz. bottle of Frank's RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce. I had difficulty inputting this ingredient so had to call it "hot sauce." Used my big oval crockpot and there was plenty of room to spare. I did not add the butter. This is spicy but even my 8 year-old enjoyed it. He just drank a lot of milk. Leftovers freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, individually frozen
- 12 ounces bottle hot sauce, Frank's RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing or 1 (1 ounce) package dip mix
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 8 submarine rolls
- 8 slices monterey jack cheese (optional) or 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese (optional) or 8 slices other cheese (optional)
- 1Dump frozen chicken breasts in crockpot. Pour bottle of Frank's RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce over all, then sprinkle with ranch dressing mix. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours. Shred chicken with two forks and return to liquid for an additional hour on low.
- 2Toast submarine rolls with cheese, if desired. Top with chicken mixture.
- 3Random tip: I saw a suggestion for easily shredding chicken using your Kitchen Aid mixer and the metal paddle attachment and will try that next time. One commenter said she used ranch dressing rather than the dry mix. I'll try this next time with about 1/2 cup.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.7
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.1 mg
- Sodium 1278.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: