Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From a handwritten paper tucked inside a cookbook inherited from my grandmother. I cannot read the last name. Ellen Kle..... Kitchen Bouquet is a browning sauce. It is found with spices and such. If you would like to make your own I posted a recipe for it. Nyte's Kitchen Bouquet
- 4 -5 lbs beef brisket
- Kitchen Bouquet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced thick
- Trim all excess fat from brisket, brush meat with kitchen bouquet.
- Combine seasonings until well blended; rub into brisket.
- Place onion slices in bottom of crock pot. Place meat in crock pot, with fat side up, cutting to fit if necessary.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, reduce heat and cook on low 6-8 hours longer or cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- Remove brisket from liquid, let the brisket stand - wrapped in the foil - for 20 minutes before carving or shredding.
- Serve one of two ways: (1) thinly slice the brisket across the grain OR.(2) shred the brisket with a large, 2-pronged fork.