Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A delicious and simple breakfast recipe using a crockpot. Prepare it at night and it's ready in the morning. Also delicious used as the filling for breakfast burritos.
- 12 eggs
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes (partially thawed)
- 1 lb bacon, cut into small pieces (fried and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup dieced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 3⁄4 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Grease the inside of the crockpot with butter. Now layer your ingredients bottom to top using half of each ingredient each time listed.
- 1. potatoes. 2. bacon. 3. onions and peppers. 4. cheese. 5. potatoes. 6. bacon. 7. onions and peppers. 8. cheese.
- Now, beat the eggs, milk, and salt together. Pour this over the whole mixture. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
made great 'breakfast burritos' for dinner!! MY whole family loved it and it was super easy. even took the leftovers (there was alot!) on vacation w/us for quick and easy breakfast!! thanks so much! great w/ a simple fruit salad!
Made this for a breakfast I held at my home ... Assembled it in the crockpot before bed, and it was ready for the a.m. So easy and tasted great. In fact, four of my guests asked for the recipe.
As Rvers crossing aross the country, I wanted something simple with leftovers that could be microwaved later. This recipe is great. I cooked and froze my bacon at home before the trip. Also used the O'Brian potatoes and then did not need an onion or pepper to chop. Started the recipe at 10:00 PM and cooked on low until 8:00 AM. Stopped just in time as it starting to get crusty. Shared with neighbors and we had plenty for four people with enough for the next day. Served with peach mango salsa for an extra kick. Next time I would cut down on the potatoes for a better egg flavor. This will be made over and over and over again. Seniors.