Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A delicious and simple breakfast recipe using a crockpot. Prepare it at night and it's ready in the morning. Also delicious used as the filling for breakfast burritos.
- 12 eggs
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes (partially thawed)
- 1 lb bacon, cut into small pieces (fried and drained)
- 1⁄2 cup dieced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 3⁄4 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Grease the inside of the crockpot with butter. Now layer your ingredients bottom to top using half of each ingredient each time listed.
- 1. potatoes. 2. bacon. 3. onions and peppers. 4. cheese. 5. potatoes. 6. bacon. 7. onions and peppers. 8. cheese.
- Now, beat the eggs, milk, and salt together. Pour this over the whole mixture. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
made great 'breakfast burritos' for dinner!! MY whole family loved it and it was super easy. even took the leftovers (there was alot!) on vacation w/us for quick and easy breakfast!! thanks so much! great w/ a simple fruit salad!
Made this for a breakfast I held at my home ... Assembled it in the crockpot before bed, and it was ready for the a.m. So easy and tasted great. In fact, four of my guests asked for the recipe.
My family loves this recipe. Sometimes we use ham or sausage instead of bacon, but oh, how we love to wake up to the smell of it cooking, waiting for us to come and eat it up! Add some fresh biscuits and it's a wonderful and easy start to your weekend.