Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
adapted from paleomg.com
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1 sweet potatoes or 1 yam, shredded
- 1 lb pork sausage, broken up
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- other chopped vegetables, to taste (peppers, zucchini, etc.)
- Grease crockpot with coconut oil, bacon fat, etc. to make sure none of the egg sticks.
- Shred/grate the sweet potato.
- Add all ingredients to the crockpot and mix well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Spoon or slice out onto plates or into bowls.
Good :). The flavor is right. Didn't have pork, used turkey sausage. After pouring into crock it was deep and I chickened out and poured into baking dish as it provided a greater surface area for browning. Happy to have this yummy healthy breakfast to serve to family in the mornings. Thank you.