Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
adapted from a recipe on paleomg.com. Different than other similar recipes on Zaar b/c this one is lower in carbs, higher in good fat -- no potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs chicken breasts (bones okay if you want them in there for the flavor) or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs chicken thighs, skinless (bones okay if you want them in there for the flavor)
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 4 -6 tablespoons curry powder (increase or decrease to taste)
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into 1 cubes (any color)
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- Cut chicken pieces in half or quarters (not cubed, just cut up enough to make it all fit in the crockpot).
- Combine coconut milk, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, curry powder, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes in the crockpot and whisk together.
- Add in peppers, chicken, and broth.
- Mix all ingredients together to completely cover the chicken in the curry mixture.
- Cover and cook at low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
I cooked this on top of the stove in an hour and it was just wonderful. This recipe is definitely a keeper.