Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe came from Slow Cooker Recipes Easy Recipes and Stress Free Cooking. I have not tried this, posting for safe keeping.
- 5 cups toasted bread cubes
- 2 1⁄2 cups scalded milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, at room temperature (or you can use other berries and can use frozen)
- Place the bread cubes in the slow cooker. In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, yolks, sugar, vanilla, and butter.
- Stir in the berries and pour over the bread cubes. Gently press the bread down into the liquid-do not stir-and cook covered on low heat for 4-6 hours.