Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Make and share this Crockpot Beef With Root Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2-inch chunks
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and chopped
- 3 lbs boneless bottom round roast, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Arrange onion, potatoes, carrots, and turnips in bottom of slow cooker.
- Season beef with salt and black pepper. Rub flour on the beef. Place the beef on top of the vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, and mustard powder, stirring well. Pour the mixture over the beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 12 hours or on high for 8 hours.