Recipe by Mon Fifi
My family loves this easy comfort meal...this recipe should feed 6, however, with our appetites, it only feeds 4. You will notice there is no salt in this recipe...the canned soups and maggi contain more than enough salt to satisfy even the most addicted.
- 2 lbs cubed beef stew meat
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup (do not use cream of mushroom)
- 1 (10 ounce) can onion soup (or 1/2 pkg dry onion soup mix with 3/4 cup water)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon maggi seasoning (or 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 (1 ounce) package beef bouillon
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (sauteed)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (heaping)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except mushrooms, cream cheese and sour cream. Stir.
- Add sautéed mushroom about ½ hour before serving.
- Cook on Low setting for 8-10 hours. Stir in cream cheese and sour cream just before serving over cooked egg noodles or mashed potatoes.