Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
The slices of this brisket with the beer sauce are delicious served on a bun or roll, or just with good roasted or steamed vegetables. Enjoy.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef brisket
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce (I use Heinz)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (or substitute for 1 cup water or canned beef broth)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 fresh cilantro stems, chopped
- Spray crockpot with cooking oil. Place beef brisket fat side down in crockpot and add onion slices, minced garlic, paprika and salt and pepper on top.
- Pour chili sauce and Worcestershire sauce over brisket and cook on low setting for 6 hours.
- Then, pour beer over brisket and increase temperature to high and continue cooking for 30 more minutes.
- When well cook and tender, slice brisket against the grain and place slices on large serving platter.
- Serve with hot cooking liquid sauce and garnish with sliced tomatoes and cilantro or parsley, if you like.
This is an excellent recipe, it was so tender. I used beef broth. My family loved it and the crockpot made it so easy. This is a definate keeper!