Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is one of our "winter" recipes. It's almost a chili, but not quite. Tastes great over white rice, or serve with cornbread or crackers. Very filling. Recipe does not call for water, but I add some just to give it a little more of a "soupy" quality. (the can sizes on the beans are guesses, I didn't look when I picked them up, use standard size cans).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stewing beef
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- Combine the mustard, taco seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic in a large bowl. Add beef and toss to coat. Put the beef in the crockpot and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix it all up to evenly distribute the ingredients. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.