Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This is a delicious recipe that uses frozen cooked meatballs (or your own if you prefer) to ease the preparation, Make delicious hoagies of these meatballs and you'll have some go-o-od eating! The recipe comes from the current TOH Cooking School magazine, submitted by Peggy Rios.
Top Review by matthewkatula
this recipe was delicious. it was very easy and would be perfect for any occaision. i definitely will make this again. i added a small amount of basil and pepper midway through cooking, but am not sure there was much of an effect on the taste. was good on bread and cheese and alone with mashed potatoes.
- 1 package frozen precooked italian-style meatballs, thawed (38 meatballs)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer or 1 (12 ounce) can non-alcoholic beer
- 12 hoagie rolls, split
- 3 cups shredded swiss cheese (12 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the meatballs, onion, brown sugar, soup mix and beer in a 3-1/2 quart crockpot. Cover and cook on LO for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- To make the sandwiches: Place 6 meatballs on each bun bottom. Sprinkle each sandwich with 1/4 cup cheese. Place on baking sheets. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cover each with bun top.