Recipe by Nana Lee
Yum! Love stuffed peppers, but I make the lazy kind. I cut the peppers into large chunks and line the pot with them. Then I put all the stuffing on top and top with bacon and a tomato sauce.
- 2 medium green peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (I use 80%)
- 3⁄4 cup cooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional) or 3⁄4 cup American cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off tops of peppers and remove membrane from the bottoms.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except tomatoes & water.
- Tightly pack each pepper with stuffing.
- Place peppers in Crockette.
- Pour water in the bottom of the Crockette.
- Pour tomatoes over all.
- If using cheese, top peppers with shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook 7-10 hours.