Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a simple peppers and steak dish that cooks all day while you are at work , what a delightful smell greets you when you come home at night!!
- 2 lbs lean round steak
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried onion or 1⁄2 fresh onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the steak into serving size pieces. If you want you can brown the meat in a small amouonnt of hot oil before adding it to the Crockery Pot.
- Place the sliced pepper rings in the bottom of the Crockery Pot, reserving a few to place on top of meat.
- Arrange the meat on top of the pepper being careful not to stack one piece directly on top of another.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over the meat and peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for around 4 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.