Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Cola adds a little different taste to this recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup cola
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Combine cola, worcestershire sauw, vinegar, garlic, boullion, mustard, chili powder in a small bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup liquid for sauce.
- Trim excess fat from meat. Cut meat to fit into crock pot. Top with onions. Pour sauce over. Cover and cook 10 to 12 hours on low.
- Meanwhile for sauce, in a small sauce pan, combine the 1/2 cup reserved liquid, ketchup and margarine. Heat through.
- Transfer cooked meat to cutting board and shred. Discard cooking liquid, Serve meat on bed of shredded letuce or buns. Pass sauce.
I came on line to submit this recipe and here it is! My version uses 2 onions and 2 T. butter, but everything else is exactly the same. These are wonderful! Thanks for posting!
WOW!! I didn't think recipe could match my mom's but this did it! Follow the recipe exactly (I left mine slow cook overnight) and the meat shreds perfectly. Very tender and wonderful taste! Thanks for a great recipe!! Made for PAC '08.