Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A quick meal to prepare for the days you don't want to spend in the kitchen. What better way to have a meal ready when you walk in the door than to have it in a slow cooker.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 dash pepper
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice, 1 can tidbits
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Arrange chicken in bottom of crockpot.
- Sprinkle with pepper and paprika.
- In a small bowl, combine drained pineapple tidbits, mustard and soy sauce.
- Pour over chicken.
- Add minced garlic.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7-9 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
This was a nice quick change. I added some red and green pepper strips to the pot and served this over Jasmine rice. If I were to make this again, I think I would prefer to add the pineapple toward the end of the cooking time which in this case was 4 hours on low. It would also be good with some freshly grated ginger.
This is one of our favorite meals. I do however put about twice the amount of soy sauce in than it calls for. I like to serve it over Jasmine rice with some steamed veggies.
This was easy to assemble but only 4 chicken breasts would fit in my crock pot. I would cook it 3 hours or less on high. We served it with brown rice .