Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This came in an email. One of LeeAnn, the Dinner Diva's, wonderful, delicious recipes. I love this soup. It is easy to make (crock pot). This is also pretty cheap to make. This can easily be put together and frozen by placing the first 10 ingredients in a freezer bag, and putting the pasta and cheese in seperate freezer bags and freezing the bags together until ready to cook. Just thaw before cooking.
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup pasta shells, uncooked (or pasta you prefer)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Place all ingredients except pasta and parmesan cheese in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Add pasta to the slow cooker during the last hour of cooking.
- Serve in bowls, topped with grated Parmesan cheese.