For you garden of fresh summer vegetables
Make and share this Crock-Roasted Summer Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 large red onions, cut into 8 wedges each
- 3 medium yellow squash, ends trimmed and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into thick matchsticks
- 5 ounces fresh green beans, stem end snapped off
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon savory
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 2 -4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or 2 -4 tablespoons dark balsamic vinegar
- Add all the vegetables to the slow cooker; add in the oil and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 ½ to 2 hours or until the vegetables are just tender and still hold their shape.
- Serve sprinkled with the parsley and vinegar.
This beautifully delicious medley definitely filled up my crock pot! But the vegetables were still raw after two hours, and we are not into crunchy onion or green beans. It took my crock pot 4 hours. Maybe if the onion and green beans had been cut smaller the time frame stated would have worked?? There was lots of liquid in the pot so next time will omit the oil, and add twice as much garlic. Besides being lovely to behold, the picky eater can pick out exactly what they want or do not want to eat. This is easily assembled and with a liner inside the crock pot is an easy clean up. I suppose that you could season it differently-rosemary, thyme, or Italian seasonings but basil is nice. Thanks ratherbeswimmin' for posting a keeper. Made for Crock Pot Photo Challenge.