Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
The meat is very soft and tender and the sauce is just perfect. These make scrumptious sandwiches!!
- 1 pork shoulder or 1 cushion cut pork
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (18 ounce) bottleof stubb mild barbecue sauce
- 12 hamburger buns
- Place pork in crock pot.
- Pour can of beef broth over pork.
- Cook for about 10 hours or until meat shreds easily.
- (Time will differ depending on crock pot- Ours has no knobs, so there are no high and low settings. The meat has to break down, so this meal is very simple but takes a while to cook.) Remove meat and shred with two forks.
- Stir the meat with barbecue sauce in a hot skillet on the stove and serve on hamburger buns.
This was very yummy and easy to make. My local grocery store did not have Stubb Mild BBQ Sauce. I used El Paso (a local restraunt chain that started in Scottsdale, AZ) Sweet & Sassy Sauce instead. The pork shredded very easily and the sauce's taste is magnified by warmring everything on the stovetop. I used fresh from the bakery onion buns to make sandwiches. Delicious and hearty. Thanks for posting.