13 hrs 40 mins
13 hrs 30 mins
Make your own yogurt in a crock pot! I found a number of recipes online. Here's how I did it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the milk into the crock pot and turn it on low. Let sit 2.5 hours.
- 2Unplug crock pot, leave lid on. Let sit for 3 hours.
- 3Ladle out a bit of the milk and stir it in with the yogurt starter. This yogurt MUST have live cultures. I used nonfat, plain Greek yogurt.
- 4Mix in pudding mix.
- 5Return the mixture to the crock pot and the rest of the milk; stir. Put lid back on and cover with a heavy bath towel or blanket (pot still unplugged). This is its insulator. Leave it like this at least 8 hours.
- 6The longer it sits, the tart-er it gets. I like mine nice and tart.
- 7It will be thin. If you want it thicker, place coffee filters in a colander and drain off whey. You can save the whey for cooking, as it is very healthy!
- 8You can use 2 tbs fat free dry milk or 1 packet plain gelatin in place of pudding mix. I just happened to have pudding mix on hand.
- 9Mix some jam, fresh fruit, etc. into it when you serve. If you don't use vanilla pudding mix, it could also be a great base for dips or sauces.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 168.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 11.5 g