1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Yankee Pot Roast and Vegetables
8 hrs 40 mins
8 hrs 30 mins
Crock pot pot roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs lean beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat & cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 medium baking potatoes, unpeeled & cut into quarters (about 1 pound)
- 2 large carrots, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large parsnip, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1Season roast with salt and pepper.
- 2Combine vegetables and seasonings in crock pot.
- 3Place beef over vegetables, and pour broth over beef.
- 4Cover; cook on LOW until meat is fork-tender (8 1/2-9 hours).
- 5Remove beef to serving platter, and arrange vegetables around beef.
- 6Remove and discard bay leaves.
- 7To make gravy, ladle the juices into a 2 cup measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- 8Skim off and discard fat.
- 9Measure remaining juices and heat to a boil in small saucepan.
- 10For each cup of juice, mix 2 tablespoons of flour with 1/4 cup of cold water until smooth.
- 11Stir mixture into boiling juices, stirring constantly until thickened (about 1 minute).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Yankee Pot Roast and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 126.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean beef chuck roast