Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a great crowd pleaser and an excellent dish to celebrate Oktoberfest.
- 4 (1 lb) cans sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb smoked bratwurst
- 1 lb knockwurst
- 1 lb cheddarwurst
- 1 lb kielbasa
- In crock pot, combine sauerkraut, soup mix, beer and Worcestershire sauce; stir well.
- Add the meat and stir. Cover and cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
Sauerkraut was perfect, such an easy dinner. I did only 2 lbs of Knockwurst and halved the kraut, but still used 1 pk soup mix and a can of beer, 6 hrs on low. This will be the recipe I use for all German wursts, husband absolutely loved it.