5 hrs 30 mins
Happy Harry #2's Note:
A great way to introduce your family to different squashes. You can use butternut, hubbard, kabocha, or acorn...to name a few.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken sausage, in 3/4 inch slices
- 2 1/2 cups winter squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fresh spinach or 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine (or more broth)
- 1Cube the squash, potatoes and fennel all about the same size.
- 2Brown and drain the sausage.
- 3Put all the vegetables, (except spinach) beans and seasonings into a 5--6 quart crock pot. Top with the sausage. Pour liquids over all.
- 4Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- 5Stir in spinach and cook another 5 minutes, covered.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Winter Minestrone Soup
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 1113.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 24.3 g