Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A simple dinner made in the crock pot for those cold winter nights. This recipe combines chicken tenderloins with Polish sausage, pork and beans, great northern beans and butter beans all cooked in a sweetened tomatoey sauce.
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 lb Polish sausage
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans, with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans, with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, brown chicken tenderloins in a little oil and place in a large crock pot that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. cut sausage in 1-inch pieces and add to crock pot. combine onions, 4 cans of beans, ketcup brown sugar and vinegar, add to crock pot and stir gently.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. When ready to serve, sprinkle crmbled bacon over top.
Made this recipe for my DAD and had a portion size for myself. My husband ate my portion and loved it. My Dad enjoyed it too. I didn't add the chicken, just used the Polish sausage. Really tasty and easy. Thanks.
This was a real quick and easy dinner to throw in the crockpot this morning. Unfortunately neither of us was crazy about it. To me the chicken didn't go with the rest of the ingredients. For hubby, he thought there wasn't enough meat in the dish. Also, 8 hours on low was too much in my crockpot as the juices dried up. I used cannellini beans for the butter beans. Thank you for posting Crafty Lady. Made for ZWT, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
This was an extremely easy recipe to prepare. It had a great flavor and I have lots of leftovers. It was a tad runny, next time I might drain some of the juice off my port and beans or add less ketchup. Made for the ZWT4