Recipe by graniteangel
It's a crock pot version of my favorite recipe for poor man's stew. Through my early 20's I waited tables down south and I was very poor. I also drank a lot of cheap red wine..so this recipe was born.
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon flour (I like to brown the flour first in the oven to give it that roux-like flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season your chicken with the salt and pepper and put into crock pot.
- Chop all of your veggies into medium size pieces and add to crock pot.
- Add your fresh thyme, bay leaf, and red wine.
- In a separate small mixing bowl whisk your flour in with your chicken broth. Add mixture to your crock pot, and lightly mix everything together.
- Let cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- It's really good served with fresh french bread and butter.