Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Posted to the Cooking Dragon mailing list by Susan.
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Spray 3 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Rinse rice and drain well. Combine in crockpot together with green onion, salt, chicken broth and water and mix well. Cover crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add mushrooms and thyme and stir gently. Cover and cook on low for 30-60 minutes longer, until wild rice pops and is tender.
Bad recipe. House smelled like hospital food, bland, over cooked, paste texture. Dumped it in the garbage can. Not edible!