1/3 Photos of Crock Pot Wild Mushroom Beef Stew
5 hrs 20 mins
My husband recently discovered this flavor rich, thick, beef stew recipe, and was amazed at how easy it was for him to make. We decided it was definitely a repeat recipe, and wanted to post it here for future reference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut in 1-inch pieces (we used lean beef round)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 8 ounces assorted wild mushrooms, cut into quarters (regular button mushrooms work too)
- 1 cup baby carrots (cut in half)
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- 2Place beef in a 5 qt crock pot. Sprinkle with the flour mixture, and toss to coat.
- 3In the same small bowl used to mix the flour (now empty), combine the beef broth, tomato paste, wine and garlic. Mix well and add it to the beef in the crock pot.
- 4Add the potatoes, mushrooms and carrots to the crock pot and mix well to disperse the ingredients evenly throughout.
- 5Cover and cook on HIGH 5 - 6 hours, or LOW for 8 - 9 hours, until vegetables and beef are tender.
- 6DO NOT LIFT LID AND STIR DURING COOKING TIME.
- 7When ready to serve, stir well, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Wild Mushroom Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 96.7 mg
- Sodium 739.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 37.0 g