1/44 Photos of Crock Pot Whole Chicken
Kathy at Food.com's Note:
Tender, fall-off-the-bone chicken! Skip the overnight refrigeration if you are in a hurry. For variety, eliminate the onion and substitute a quartered lemon or two, stuffed into the chicken cavity. Chef Shapeweaver had a good suggestion: Use Fajita Seasoning Mix #28011 as another variation. Thanks! The standard size slow cookers are a bit too small and a whole chicken won't fit. You'll need a 6-quart slow cooker for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons salt (per recipe reviews, 2 tsp is better)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large roasting chicken (with pop-up timer if possible)
- 1 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1In a small bowl, combine the spices.
- 2Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.
- 3Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
- 4Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. (I usually skip this step because I'm always in a hurry).
- 5When ready to cook, put chopped onion in bottom of crock pot.
- 6Add chicken. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make it's own juices.
- 7Cook on low 4-8 hours.
- 8Note: I highly recommend a pop-up timer in the chicken because some crock pots cook faster/slower than others (my crock pot cooks this recipe in 4-5 hours).
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Whole Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.0
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 2426.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 25.5 g