Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Here is my FIRST entry at 'Zaar. I am just posting this yummy recipe from a dear friend. I keep meaning to try it out but the little paper it is written on keeps disappearing and reappearing. I found it today and I don't ever want to lose it again so I am putting it safely here. I am posting it as it was given, so it may have to be reworked. If anyone tries it before I do..... reviews will be welcomed!!!
- 6 ounces white chocolate (1/2 bag, shredded)
- 6 cups one inch cubed French bread, Baguette
- 3 ounces Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a crock pot, put in 1" cubed bread in first and put white chocolate on top.
- Mix all other ingredients together: Egg Beaters, warm water, sweetened condensed milk,.
- and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over the bread/white chocolate.
- Cook on LOW for 3 1/2 - 4 hours.
- It is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- **You may add raisins or sliced almonds -- or both!
I do not particularly like bread pudding but my mom LOVES it. So I love using crockpots and this seemed easy. The only bad thing was you should use more liquid and soak the bread at least overnight so it gives it a pudding consistancy. On my second try I did this and it came out much better.