Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Super easy & super delicious. You can spice this up or spice it down. Freezes & warms up very well!
- 2 onions
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy (Drained) or 1 (15 ounce) can white corn (Drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (Drained)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- Chop up 1 onion & place on the bottom of a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Place chicken on top of onions.
- Top with beans & corn.
- In a medium bowl combine taco seasoning, rotel, soup & chicken broth. Pour over chicken.
- Chop up 2nd onion & place on top.
- Cover & cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Before serving stir gently to break up chicken.
- OPTIONAL: Top with sour cream, chips, cheese or jalapeno's.
Delish! My husband and son both loved it as well. The only thing I don't care for is the ridiculous amount of sodium because everything is canned. I might substitute some fresher, low sodium alternatives next time.
I used this recipe but changed a few things to make it appeal to my hubby. Instead o adding corn and two onions, I used 1 onion and added fazool noodles to the chili. I also added some cheese into the pot and stirred occasionally. Tasted SUPER yummy!!
Did not care for this recipe. Way too many onions and corn. Followed recipe exactly and it turned out too soupy.