Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this from "The Busy People's Slow Cooker Cookbook", by Dawn Hall. It's so easy, smells so good, and tastes fantastic. She suggests using fat-free sour cream and chicken broth for a healthier recipe. Serve with toasted rolls for dunkin' or garlic cheese toast.
- 48 ounces canned or jarred great northern beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken breasts (not drained)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped onion (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 9 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (I use olive oil spray).
- Mix all ingredients (except sour cream) in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-9 hours.