Recipe by SAMS_Club
This white chicken chili recipe is adapted from a Betty Crocker slow cooker recipes cookbook. I often use frozen chicken breasts, and it can also be prepared conventionally on the stove top. Great comfort food!
Top Review by bridget.hinegardner
Excellent!! I read the other reviews and changed a few things: chopped up half of an onion and layered it under the chicken when I placed it in the bottom of the crock pot, added a can of yellow corn, a can of diced tomatoes, and chopped up half of a jalapeno pepper to add some kick (I'm saving the other half of the pepper to slice as a garnish). Other than that I did everything the same. I put everything in the crock pot last night and just shredded the chicken this morning. It is so SO good, we are having a hard time waiting to get into it before the football game today! I will serve the sour cream separately. Right now the soup tastes just perfect and I don't want to change anything!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy or 1 (15 ounce) can white corn
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canof chopped green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- chopped green onion (optional)
- monterey jack cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Top with beans and corn.
- In a medium bowl, combine taco seasoning, chiles, condensed soup, and chicken broth. Pour over top of ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Before serving, stir gently to break up chicken, then stir in the sour cream.
- Serve topped with green onions and jack cheese, if desired.