Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is very easy and tasty. Also it's vegetarian.
Top Review by ellie_
This recipe didn't work out very well for us for a couple of reasons. There are too many ingredients to fit in my crockpot so I eliminated one can of beans (I probably should have cut out two more cans or used less vegetables to make everything fit in a bit better), there is not enough liquid to make it stew/soup-like and I also think this needs a bit more spice to give the vegetables a bit more of a kick. Sorry I know people don't like low ratings, but I really can't rate this any higher -- my dh said that this was the worst meal I've made in a decade.
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -3 lb butternut squash, peeled seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup canned vegetable broth
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems trimmed and leaves cut crosswise into 2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
- 5 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (white kidney beans)
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- freshly grated romano cheese (optional)