Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is very easy and tasty. Also it's vegetarian.
Make and share this Crock Pot White Beans, Butternut Squash, Kale, and Olive Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -3 lb butternut squash, peeled seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup canned vegetable broth
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems trimmed and leaves cut crosswise into 2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
- 5 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (white kidney beans)
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- freshly grated romano cheese (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese in the crock pot. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer to large shallow serving bowl and sprinkle generously with grated cheese, if desired.