1/1 Photo of Crock Pot White Bean Soup With Bacon
8 hrs 10 mins
mary winecoff's Note:
Use navy or great northern beans in this comfy soup. Perfect for those chilly fall evenings. From the book "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups dried navy beans, picked over, soaked in water to cover overnight and drained
- 2 -3 slices bacon, cooked until the fat is rendered but not crispy
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 1 small carrot, minced
- 1 bouquet garni (1/2 tsp. dried oregano, 3 sprigs parsley, 1/2 fresh sage leaf and 1 bay leaf wrapped in cheesecloth)
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 1Combine the beans, bacon, onion, celery, carrot, bouquet garni and broth in slow cooker.
- 2Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.
- 3Remove the bouquet garni.
- 5Puree about one-third of the soup in a food processor.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Add cream if using, cover and continue to cook on LOW 15 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot White Bean Soup With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 841.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: