Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe was adapted from a crock pot beef stroganoff recipe here on 'zaar. We kind of added things as we went along, but it turned out really tasty! You can cook this in a crock pot or in a dutch oven on the stovetop.
- 2 -3 lbs venison (stew meat)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans water
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs wide egg noodles, uncooked
- vegetable oil
- Cut stew meat into 1" pieces.
- Dredge meat in flour.
- Brown meat in oil with onion.
- Transfer meat & onion to crock pot.
- Add garlic, spices, wine and crushed tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving add sour cream.
- Boil noodles according to package directions.
- Serve over noodles.
Have just placed everything in the crockpot today. Plan on eating this for dinner and will write a review later.