Recipe by Spyder-man
Without the time to cook one day, I just threw this in the crock pot--wow it was wonderful!
Top Review by mlind100
This recipe does sound very good for a tough deer but normaly I would use a roast besides the loin. The lion is usually very tender, makes excellent steaks and should be served at medium doneness or less.
- 3 -4 lbs venison loin roasts
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned mushroom slices, drained
- 1 fluid ounce red wine (about a jigger)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper roast on all sides and dredge in flour.
- In heavy skillet, melt margarine and brown meat on all sides; remove to crock pot.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in skillet until mushrooms are a little brown.
- Put about 1 cup water in skillet to deglaze. Pour all skillet ingredients into crock pot; add remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir well to mix.
- Be sure there is just enough water to cover roast.
- Turn on high for 6 hours then low for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Great on mashed potatoes!