Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Without the time to cook one day, I just threw this in the crock pot--wow it was wonderful!
Make and share this Crock Pot Venison Loin recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 lbs venison loin roasts
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned mushroom slices, drained
- 1 fluid ounce red wine (about a jigger)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper roast on all sides and dredge in flour.
- In heavy skillet, melt margarine and brown meat on all sides; remove to crock pot.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in skillet until mushrooms are a little brown.
- Put about 1 cup water in skillet to deglaze. Pour all skillet ingredients into crock pot; add remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir well to mix.
- Be sure there is just enough water to cover roast.
- Turn on high for 6 hours then low for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Great on mashed potatoes!
This recipe does sound very good for a tough deer but normaly I would use a roast besides the loin. The lion is usually very tender, makes excellent steaks and should be served at medium doneness or less.
Amazing but the original cook time is way to much. Started mine at noon at it was done 3. The meat was like butter, just melted in your mouth and no game taste. My wife even tasted it and she hates venison and she loved it. I browned it in pan then put it in crock pot at 275 for 3 hrs. If I left it in as long as she suggested the meat would have been the size of a nickle..
Loved this recipe! My husband has recently started hunting and I am new to cooking with venison. I am always looking for good recipes and this one is great. I will say that I cut the cooking time by a few hours. I cooked it on low for 5.5 hours instead of on high and then on low for the full 8. This really helped as my experience has always been that crock pots generally run hot. I also used a full twig of fresh rosemary, and a good amount of fresh thyme. I also opted to add an extra can of mushroom and extra onion. Could not have been better. Perfect over suggested mashed potatoes. I will absolutely make this again and pass along the recipe. Thank you!