Prep 24 hrs
Cook 8 hrs
This was the result of a desire to cook a venison roast I had in the freezer, and a chat with a couple of online friends. It was an experiment which turned out quite well.
- 3 -4 lbs venison roast
- 1 pint beer, any brand, plus
- 3⁄4 cup beer, any brand
- 1 tablespoon chopped leek
- 4 carrots, sliced
- Italian herb seasoning
- Place venison roast in large bowl.
- Pour 1 pint of beer over roast.
- Place bowl with roast and beer in refrigerator to marinate for one day.
- Next day, remove roast from marinade and place in crock pot.
- Add sliced carrots, leeks and sprinkle with Italian Herb seasoning.
- Pour 3/4 cup beer into crock pot, over roast and carrots.
- Cover and turn crock pot on low.
- Let cook on low for at least 8 hours.
- Remove roast and carrots from crock pot and serve.
We were given a Venison Roast from my sister and didn't know what to do with it. We tried this recipe and loved it. It's so easy, I don't like recipes with a lot of ingredients to add or cut up so this was perfect. I think we also added mushrooms that we needed to use and it was great. My husband likes anything with beer. Now if only someone would give us another roast.