Ashleigh B.'s Note:
Absolutely delicious venison chili, and super fast prep time. Can also be made with ground beef or turkey. Tastes a lot like Wendy's chili! This was adapted/modified from "Slow-Cooker Hearty Beef Chili" in Kraft Food & Family Fall 2008 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground venison (deer)
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa (I use Pace Picante in Medium)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1Brown venison, until there is just a little tiny bit of pink still. This keeps the venison from getting tough, since it is super lean.
- 2add to crock pot with all remaining ingredients.
- 3cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- 4stir before serving, top with shredded cheddar or mexican cheese.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Venison Chili
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 691.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce