Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Absolutely delicious venison chili, and super fast prep time. Can also be made with ground beef or turkey. Tastes a lot like Wendy's chili! This was adapted/modified from "Slow-Cooker Hearty Beef Chili" in Kraft Food & Family Fall 2008 issue.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground venison (deer)
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) canlight red kidney beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky salsa (I use Pace Picante in Medium)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Brown venison, until there is just a little tiny bit of pink still. This keeps the venison from getting tough, since it is super lean.
- add to crock pot with all remaining ingredients.
- cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- stir before serving, top with shredded cheddar or mexican cheese.