Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This recipe is delicious, super easy to make, reheats well, and will have your home smelling wonderful during the process. It is perfect for those chilly days that you stay indoors and snuggle.
- 2 lbs vegetarian ground beef (pre packed crumbeld or crumble veggie burgers)
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- sharp cheddar cheese (garnish) (optional)
- light sour cream (garnish) (optional)
- In a large crock pot, combine ingredients in the order that they are listed, stirring as you go along. (with exception to the garnishes).
- Cover and turn crock pot on low for 8 to 10 hours. Stir chilli about once every 2 to 3 hours.
This was a very simple, but very good. I'll def. keep this recipe and make it again.