Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 hrs
A throw together soup that taste as good as it smells.
- 2 lbs bite size boneless beef cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 (12 ounce) bagfrozen vegetable soup mix
- 4 cups water
- 24 ounces vegetable juice cocktail
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup pearl barley
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 medium mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Brown beef cubes in coil and transfer to crock pot.
- Place in order into crock pot, onions, bag of vegetables, stewed tomatoes, barley.
- Mix together remaining ingredients except mushrooms and pour over meat and vegetables.
- Do not stir.
- Cook on High for 5 to 6 hours or Low 10 to 11 hours.
- Add mushrooms the last 30 minutes.