Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
In an effort to use up leftover roast beef, I threw this ultra-thick soup in the crockpot. It made the whole house smell spectacular, and was oh-so-good. Make sure to use a large crockpot - this makes a LOT of soup.
- 473.18 ml shredded roast beef
- 35.43 g package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 turnip, diced
- 236.59 ml frozen corn
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 236.59 ml shredded spinach
- 4.92 ml hot sauce
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- black pepper
- 907.18 g hot water
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot except for spinach.
- Cook on high 6 hours, or until potatoes and turnips are tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add spinach.
- Cook an additional 30 minutes.
Excellent flavor and perfect for a chilly Autumn day. Easy to make too- right in the crock it goes!