Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
In an effort to use up leftover roast beef, I threw this ultra-thick soup in the crockpot. It made the whole house smell spectacular, and was oh-so-good. Make sure to use a large crockpot - this makes a LOT of soup.
- 2 cups shredded roast beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 turnip, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- black pepper
- 32 ounces hot water
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot except for spinach.
- Cook on high 6 hours, or until potatoes and turnips are tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add spinach.
- Cook an additional 30 minutes.
Excellent flavor and perfect for a chilly Autumn day. Easy to make too- right in the crock it goes!