Recipe by Geema
Thanksgiving any day of the year...without all the work.
Top Review by chia
i never would have thought of sauteing the onions in apple jelly but it gave them a wonderful flavor. the problem i had with this dish is that the turkey was overdone, it fell apartwhen i tried to remove it from the pot to the cutting board and was hard to slice, it was shredding, but the stuffing was very mushy i think this would be better cooked in the oven at a low temperature for 1 1/2 hrs and will try it again that way
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1 (6 ounce) packageturkey flavor seasoned stuffing mix, one step brand
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 lbs skinless boneless turkey breasts
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until light brown, stirring frequently.
- Add jelly and heat for 1 minute longer or until golden brown.
- Spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place stuffing mix in prepared cooker.
- Drizzle with water and mix gently.
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper and place on stuffing mix.
- Spoon onion mixture over turkey and spread evenly.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.