Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is an easy and different kind of turkey than you are probably used to. I like to serve it with rice.
- 4 turkey wings
- 10 ounces pineapple salsa (you can use up to 16 oz) or 10 ounces mango salsa (you can use up to 16 oz)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in thick julienne
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced in thick julienne
- 4 -6 ounces chicken broth
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix (I use Knorr French Onion)
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 12 small pattypan squash, left whole (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon sriracha sauce (optional)
- Cut tips off wings.
- Place wings in crock pot.
- Pour salsa over wings.
- Place bell peppers over salsa.
- Arrange carrots, squash and parsley over and around wings.
- Sprinkle dry onion soup packet contents over all.
- Mix hot sauce (if using) with broth and pour over all.
- Arrange whole cilantro over top & sprinkle pepper over all.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.