Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this recipe on Recipe Du Jour. I thought it was very tasty!
- 1 boneless turkey breast
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow hominy
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion, cut up
- gravy, packet from the turkey (or whatever seasonings you like)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- Place all ingredients (except rice and 2 1/2 cups of water) in the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours, or on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- About one hour before you want to eat, add rice and 2-1/2 cups water.
- Stir, and let it cook another hour or so, or until rice is done.
- If you like, before serving, take out the turkey breast, slice it up, and mix it back inches.
- Note: A Butterball boneless turkey breast comes with a gravy packet that you can use for the seasoning.
- If you don't have the gravy packet, you can substitute any other combination of flavorings (for example, 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning or 1 tablespoon of chili powder).