Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My husband and son fell in love with this at a church pot-luck. We make it everyother weeek or so just for my son. When our green beans and corn are ready from the garden I use those. The freash veggies are crispier but good. Some times I like to add cheese to the top of this in the last 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef )
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup (any cream of will do)
- 1 (10 ounce) can milk (I use the cream of can)
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- salt and pepper
- Lightly spray your crock with a non stick spray.
- Brown the turkey.
- Empty the whole bag of tater tots on bottom of crock- pot.
- Mix all other ingredients together and then poor those over top of taters. Cook on low for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- If adding cheese sprinkle it on in the last 10 or so minutes.
Tasted good. I love slowcooker meals! I used what I had. So I used ground beef, frozen corn, and cream of chicken soup. I added the onion with the meat in the frying pan. And then the last few minutes I added pepperjack cheese to the top. I didn't add any salt. Will make again! Next time, I'll use cream of mushroom soup.
This was pretty good. It would probably go well with eggs on the side. It tastes like a breakfast hash. The only things I did differently was use mexicorn instead of corn and seasoned the turkey with herbs de provence. My husband loved it. I thought it was good too, it's just not as much my thing as it is his.
Loved it! It was a great way to take the usual Tater Tot Casserole and make it healthier. I loved the turkey in it and the variety of veggies. I will definitely make this again!